I’ve seen crystal rollers around for a while. I was intrigued by them but thought, “What can they really do?” Then I kept seeing them online, and on my Facebook and Instagram feeds, so it was like the universe was nudging me to take a closer look.
So, that is what I did.
I started to search the Internet and read about them.
Did you know that your facial muscles can store a bunch of tension? And, that the tension can cause winkles?
When you get a massage, it loosens up your muscles, and in the same way using a roller on your face and neck releases the tension that is concealed under your skin. This is where winkles are born.
As I looked closer, I learned that crystals emit high and steady vibrations that help adjust imbalances and absorb excess energy. Now I knew this pretty much, but I never thought about using them in my skincare routine to help my skin. Crystals have powerful healing properties, so it would make sense to add it to a beauty routine.
Think about it —that is what skincare is for…reversing the signs of aging, soothing irritated skin, smoothing out skin, moisturizing skin, and this is what the crystals can help with, so it is a perfect marriage.
After researching for a while I, decided to go with Skin Gym’s The Rosy (a rose quartz roller) from Citrine Natural Beauty Bar. So, let me tell you a little about why I chose this one—which one I am going to get next, as well as the other crystal rollers they have available.
The Rose Quartz roller is for anti-aging so anyone 30 and up, anti-aging is a great way to go. Rose Quartz is recognized as an emotional healer and can be used to reduce and release impurities and stress in the skin. It is great for detoxing, lifting, and softening fine lines and wrinkles, as well as draining toxins and negativity. This helps inflammation and supports renewal of skin cells. Yes please! I can have reactive, sensitive skin so you can see why I picked this one.
Here are some of the other rollers they have available:
- The Amy – Amethyst: This is the next one on my list! The amethyst is known for being calming. So, think about inflammation or acneic skin…it helps sooth away the day-to-day stresses while it attracts positive energy. So, I say, inflamed skin, try amethyst to help.
- The Greenie – Green Jade: Jade means purity, purification, gentleness and nourishment. This is because it’s a stone that protects and supports love and heart energy. It’s said that its healing powers can help you re-align; it has a balanced harmony quality to its energy. If you have a sensitivity, allergy, or are going through something in your life, try a jade roller to help your skin detox gently, and aid in skin nourishment.
- The Cleary – Clear Quartz: Clear quartz is known to draw off negative energy, while neutralizing radiation so it is great for balancing and healing. It can stimulate the immune system giving support to it while bringing your body into balance. Clear quartz is great for cooling, tightening and depuffing the face. It is also a lot like the rose quartz because it will also help smooth fine lines and wrinkles. If you are a girl that has puffiness in the mornings or after long days, this one is great to try.
- The Black Obsidian: The black obsidian is said to be the most potent of energies because within it are the elements of fire, water, and earth. Known for its power to release and rejuvenate, consistent use brings imbalances to the surface so they can be let go. So, if you have skin that is looking a little lack-luster and tired, the healing effect from this roller will penetrate the skin to rejuvenate it.
- The Bluey – Blue Sodalite: This crystal is great for hydrating skin cells. It works for overall health of skin. It promotes healing and helps balance mineral deficiency. This crystal is a salty combo of manganese and calcium and together they have a soothing effect on over-stressed skin. If you have dry or hormonal skin this is a great roller to try. This one is on my list too!
Now that we know what they are good for, the next step is what are their benefits and then how the heck do I use a roller?
I have you covered. See, I didn’t think that the roller would work…BUT I have been using it morning and night the past month and the change I have seen in my own skin is astounding.
↣ Rolling Benefits with Consistent Use
★ Stimulates blood circulation and lymphatic drainage.
★ Contours the facial muscles
★ Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
★ Tones facial muscles
★ Improves elasticity
★ Reduces puffiness
★ Brightens dark circles
★ Soothes nervous system
★ Evens skin tone
★ Tightens pores
↣ How to Use
- Apply your favorite mask, moisturizer or serum. I believe that rolling over your skincare helps the skincare penetrate more fully into your skin.
- Roll from the center of your face in outward and upward motions. You always want to roll up and out. I start on my forehead, move to under my eyes, cheeks, around mouth and chin.
- Then I move to my neck and start at the center and roll outward and upward.
↣ Pro Tips
★ De-puffing: If you are looking for the best de-puffing, put the roller in the fridge or freezer to keep it super cold as a trick to really kick the puffiness to the curb. (I don’t do this, since when I wake up I know my lazy butt wouldn’t make it all the way down to the kitchen. I will say that it is always cold in the morning even though I don’t store it overnight in the fridge or freezer.)
★ For daily cleaning: Wipe the crystal parts with a dry or damp cloth.
★ For deep cleaning and absorbing any negative energies: Put dry salt/rock salt/ Himalayan salt into a bowl and then place your roller on top of the salt. Salt is a powerful anti-bacterial substance and absorbs negative energy. Leave it on top of the salt for several hours to overnight. Afterward, wipe the salt off with a damp towel.
So, there you have it, my research on the crystal roller method. Don’t let anyone dull your sparkle and use these to aid your beauty routine. Be the energy you want others to absorb. 🙂
If you are interested in clean lifestyle guidance or essential oil mentorship, reach out to me through the form on my sidebar here. If you made your decision to start your clean footprint now…there is no better time. I am happy to educate you, connect you to a community, and support you each step of the way.