I will be honest. A few years ago, I didn’t think about what was in my shampoo and conditioner. I didn’t read the labels; I only read the front bottle description to make sure I had the right formula. That is all!
So much has changed.
Did you realize that what you’re washing your hair with could have an impact on the health of not only your hair, but your health? I sure didn’t.
Enter a hair care line called Monat. Monat ingredients are naturally and botanically based. So, what is different about that? What makes this brand stand out? A lot.
When you are using conventional products, the chemicals and toxins create build-up in your hair shaft. It can clog follicles and even reduce the size of the hair coming out of each follicle. It is like anything, if you continue to put unclean ingredients in your hair, how do you expect it to breathe? How is it going to look and be its healthiest? If you ate fast food every day would you expect to be in good health? Why is it any different for your personal care products you put on your body?
Monat does not have the following ingredients in any of its products:
- Parabens: This ingredient can possibly be linked to chronic disorders.
- Sulfates: Sulfates can be irritating to skin and scalp.
- DEA/MEA: Can be irritating to skin and eyes and could be linked to chronic disorders.
- Phthalates: Long term exposure to phthalates can be toxic.
- PEG: Another ingredient that can be linked to chronic disorders.
- Phenoxyethanol: Can be irritating to the eyes and skin.
- Ethanol: This can be drying to the hair and cause frizz and damage.
- Petrochemicals: These can coat the hair shaft causing moisture loss and suffocation of the shaft.
- Gluten: Some people have a sensitivity to gluten so it is not in the products.
- Sodium Chloride & Harsh Salt System: These can cause build up in tissues and dryness/dehydration.
- Harmful Colors: Can be toxic to skin and scalp and linked to chronic disorders.
- Fragrances: No hidden chemicals.
It does have a blend of 11+ unique molecular ingredients, which includes vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, beta-carotene, omega-6 fatty acids, nutrients and amino acids, suitable for all skin and hair types. What do these special properties do? They rehabilitate the scalp. They repair hair. They promote age-prevention.
Yes, you read me right. Monat is one of very few lines that has age prevention advantages with consistent use. There are 3 main trademarked ingredients that make Monat so unique. They are called capixyl, procataline, and crodasorb.
Let’s talk about each one:
- Capixyl: This element is driven with red clover extract. Red clover extract is a gentle emollient that reduces scalp inflammation, strengthens and thickens hair, all while hydrating the scalp. This all together stimulates natural hair growth. There are clinical results that prove it can decrease hair loss effects and increase hair regrowth.
- Procataline: This component includes pea extract. Pea extract is a rich source of secondary metabolites that deliver healthy nutrients to the hair to support hair growth by reducing the production of the DHT hormone that contributes to hair loss. It has powerful antioxidants to combat premature thinning and it protects color and shine. It can preserve the hair follicle, protect against environmental damage, and shield the natural pigment in the follicle.
- Crodasorb: This formula is a defense against oxidative stress—meaning it protects your hair from the sun’s damaging rays. It helps to preserve hair color and keeps strands stronger while locking in moisture. It can absorb high amounts of UVB and UVA light and helps smooth the cuticle for less damage and breakage.
This line is for everyone. No matter the texture or thickness of your hair. There are several different systems for all hair types. Now you know exactly what is inside the bottles, you can make the best educated decision.
If you are interested in getting set up with natural products that will facilitate your hair’s health, please reach out to me. I will set you up with an individual and exclusive program that will meet your personal needs. Then you can answer, “Yes, my haircare is natural and I love it!” Also, check out the side bar on the hair main page to send me a note. I’m happy to help with your hair goals.